Covid 19 Policy
Our psychotherapists, are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all clients. To ensure this, the following COVID-19 Response Plan has been developed:
The client and therapist are required to wear a mask for the duration of the session. The mask must be worn over the nose and mouth.
The client and therapist are required to use Hand sanitiser. These are provided, inside the entrance of the premises, the therapy room beside the seating, and in the bathroom.
In the therapy rooms:
Seating is over 2 meters apart.
Tissues are in small individual packets and once opened are retained by the client.
Glasses of Water are no longer offered to clients to prevent infection. (you may bring your own).
Creative therapy items are in a closed cabinet (if used they must be left out for sanitisation).
In the bathroom:
Toilet facilities are available (for clients to use only when necessary).
Hand sanitiser is available in the bathroom, with a reminder sign for usage.
Hand towels (single use), are provide, and are placed in the white bin for sterilising.
COVID-19 Safety and Contact
All client must make the following commitment regarding face to face appointments:
- if you are a close contact, awaiting a test or results, or if diagnosed with COVID19, that you will notifying your therapist if you have attended a session within the previous 3 days
- Wearing a mask for the duration of the appointment
- Adherence to good hand hygiene, washing hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser
- maintaining social distance from the therapist at all times
- General coughing / sneezing etiquette (eg. Into the elbow)
You will not attend face-to-face appointment if:
- You have developed mild symptoms of COVID-19
- You are experiencing any difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- You are experiencing any fever / high temperature or other symptoms
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- You have had first-hand contact with an individual who is diagnosed with COVID-19, Or
- has mild symptoms of COVID-19, or is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- You have been advised to self-isolate.
If one of our therapists becomes exposed to, or is diagnosed with COVID19, she will notify all clients and supervises, that she has met with (face to face) in the previous 48 hours, and as soon as possible. Should this occur and the therapist is fit to practice, you will be informed, and the sessions will move to online, this may happen at short notice. To conduct online sessions, you will need to have an adequate wifi signal, and a confidential and safe environment to engage in therapy.
(Updated 08th December 2021).